More on Marshall TSL100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Marshall TSL100

I would like to put 6L6s in one of these, but I can't find that part of the schem in the schems supplied by Marshall at their web site.
    Have these amps ever had a version with 6L6 in them? As is, the bias circuit does not have enough range to run 6L6s, too cold.

Thanks in advance.

TSL 100 bias circuit

Here is the power board schematic.
    The bias voltage comes from D9 & D10, through R77 (10K) & then out Con 1.(pin 1) which goes to the bias adjust pot/ board.
    Attached Files

Comment

And generally, at the same B+, EL34s need a lower bias voltage than 6L6s, so if anything, the amp could be too hot for 6L6 rather than too cold.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        And generally, at the same B+, EL34s need a lower bias voltage than 6L6s, so if anything, the amp could be too hot for 6L6 rather than too cold.
        Enzo at it's best I can get them biased at 12mA per tube. And the paint on two of the old EL34s was a bit charred. ? Could the bias circuit (pots? conector?) be faulty somewhere?

Comment

Pull the power tubes, power up. measure voltages at each power tube socket pin. Is there B+ on BOTH pins 3 AND 4 of all the sockets? What is the bias voltage on pin 5 of each socket? Looking for about -50. Power off. Measure resistance to ground from pin 8 of each socket. SHould be about 1 ohm.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X