SVT 350 XLR out HUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT 350 XLR out HUM

The speaker has a tiny bit of hum, but relative to signal it's good. The direct out has 60hz hum. I first found 1.5v DC on one of the xlr pins, so I replaced coupling caps C5 and C6. Hum still there. The preamp out seems fine, and the speaker out is fine, just that darned xlr. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

You found DC on the output, but you didn;t look for where it was coming from.

Check pins 1 and 7 of the 5532 IC2. ANy DC there? Shouldn't be. If there is, before changing the IC, check the four protective diodes, D3,4,5,6. Any shorted?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok, nope, no DC on pins 1/7 of IC2. Also no DC on pin7 of IC3.

Comment

Connect the XLR out to a balanced input on a mixer - that is what you are already doing, isn;t it?

But open your cord end - the end at the SVT - and disconect the shield. We want ONLY pins 2 and 3 wired. Leave the shell off for testing to make sure no grounds touch. ANy help? if so, you have a ground loop.

I couldn;t get your link to work, so just in case, here is the relevant schematic in case someone needs to see it.
        Attached Files
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X