No announcement yet.

Need help trouble shooting peavey xl-500 mix amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All problems are not "bad parts." Broken solder, cracked pc traces, loose wires, and other things also cause symtpoms.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Peavey xr-500 back on line.

Ok thats true

I'll do some checking and get back to you in a few days. Thank you so much
      Enzo, it is a pleasure to know you. Cap.....
      Cap.

Full Steam Ahead.......sigpic

Comment

need parts place info

i have the number to mouser, but need allied electronics ph-number thanks jim

Comment

Customer Service
          Allied Electronics, Inc.

7151 Jack Newell Blvd. S.
          Fort Worth, Texas 76118 U.S.A.

Support: (866) 433-5722

Allied Electronics - Customer Service
          Can you say "Google"?

Comment

Hey guys, good to see that you know what you are talking about; I've been looking for such a forum for quite a while !
            I have a problem with my Peavy amp too (althought it is the XR-500, it shouldn't be too different I guess).
            The reverb device is defective. I have been testing with and without and came to that conclusion. When i turn the reverb knob up (on a track + the general effect knob) i get a hum sound (no reverb at all coming through). I took the reverb device out of the box but I really can't figure out what cable/component/something-else-that-I-don't-know-about doesnt' work.
            Do you have any idea ?
            Thx

Yann

Comment

Hi Yann, I suggest you start a new thread.
              Good luck.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thx for the advice but I just found what the problem was : bad connectors. I changed them and it works ... I couldn't remember the reverb was so cheap though !

Be sure I'll come back for any other trouble ^^

Good day

Comment

Working...
                X