No announcement yet.

Trace Elliot SuperTramp Twin losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also going to bump this thread as a new member lol. My Tramps got a LITTLE more "no sound" issue to it. And by that I mean... the thing no longer turns on. Hahaha. I pulled the amp tray and took a peak. No loose or broken solder joints, nothing fishy lookin' or blown. Just don't turn on. First things first, I bypassed the switch thinking HOPEFULLY it's something stupid like that. No luck, still doesn't even give me a glimmer of "power-up". No lights, no sounds, no nothin'. That said it's been sittin' like this for years I'm just now being proactive enough to mess with it. I will say though, I'd like to know if there's a way to test the transformer next. And if that IS the issue, can you even still GET new transformers for these amps? Also, mine's the 65 watt Tramp version, no super tramp, head, etc. stuff here.
    Chris

Comment

I think you blew the mains fuse.
      It usually lives (and dies ) in a little tray below your mains 3 male pin IEC connector.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I wish it were something that simple
        Chris

Comment

I didn't say it was the *only*trouble, far from it, but you must replace it (and build a lamp limiter) before going on, starting with checking that PT.
          You won't do that without mains power..
          Good luck.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say I have already checked the main's fuse and it is still in perfect working condition. So yeah, the next steps are what you said... but I shall be doing that with someone who's built an amp before (friend of mine).
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X