loud hum w/ my Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loud hum w/ my Mesa

Hi, I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier that I really want to get rid of since, well, I don't need it and kind of hate it.

Currently, it is emitting a loud hum. The hum just started one day, it started out sounding like a pulsating hum. now its just a loud hum that you cant hear while the amp is making noise, but certainly is enough to annoy you. It doesnt sound like a grounding hum at all. It sounds like a tube hum more than anything.

Here is the weird part....when I press down on any of the tubes, the humming stops. But as soon as I take the pressure off, the hum returns. Also, the hum varies depending on how I tilt the amp. Currently I have the rear of the amp tilted a little higher than the front, and the humming stops.

Do I just need to retube the amp? Like I said, I would really like to sell this thing, but I would like to put as little money into it before then.

Thanks.

Your amp is haunted. It knows you hate it and is geting back at you.
    Or.... you have a bad ground, and when you push on the tubes you connect the ground. Prbably a connection problem. Open 'er up and look at all the soldered ground connections and all the hardware connections.
    If the spirit is with you you will find the answer.

Comment

Working...
    X