No announcement yet.

Peavey kb 100 speaker replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again Tom! I think I'm finally getting a clear picture of how to do this. I've ordered the replacement speakers/tweeters so will post up when I've done it!
    Scott

Comment

Fair enough. OK, here is another idea. Mount the resistors on terminal strips, which can be screwed to the cabinet wall. Or get fancy and screw them to a small square of thin plywood and screw THAt to the wall.

For example:
      https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-0802H

A resistor could be mounted one on either side with wires to terminals near the ends.

Or two of these:
      https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-0301H

Mounted a couple inches apart with resistors stretched between them - a sort of analog of the back of the dual horn.

Then run wires from the strip to the piezos.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Everyday I have to mount a single Piezo Tweeter ; I use it as its own terminal strip.
        I take the 47r resistor, clip 1 lead short (say, 1/4"or 5 mm) which I solder to the Piezo + terminal; previously I twist the other, full length one into 2 small loops, the end one goes under one of the Piezo back Philips screws and the middle one becomes the new + terminal.

The resistor is firmly held by both ends , never ever had one crack.
        The big problem is not the resistor own weight but the long cable attached to it which otherwise flexes and cracks its soldered leg with normal cabinet movement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PZORES.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	837534
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I can't remember where I saw it, but I've seen a combination of Enzo's and Juan's approaches. There was a terminal strip screwed down under one of the piezo driver screws and there was a cap and a resistor crossover connected to the circuit.

Comment

I am sure there are a zillion ways to do it, the important thing is to one way or another support BOTH ends of the resistor.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X