Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Loop Bleed Issue

Hello all,

I play through a Fender Super Sonic 112 Combo that has an issue with the effects loop bleeding the dry signal from preamp to power amp. Example; if you plug a volume pedal in the Send/Return, or a tuner w/ mute, or even just open the circuit by plugging in a patch cable on the return side, you get a fair amount of preamp bleeding through to the power amp.

I was hoping someone has come across this issue before and figured out where to modify the circuit. I know some other Fenders along with a couple of Marshalls have this same issue. They say, "yeahhh it's a serial effects loop" yet it has this problem.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

-Bats
    Last edited by batflash; 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM.

Sounds like crosstalk.

But does the loop return level control affect the level of this bleedthrough?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey Enzo,

yeah, it's affected by the Return Level. Would it help if I linked a copy of the schem?

Schem Link from Fender

Thanks,

Bats

Comment

Thanks, I am a Fender warranty station, I have all the docs.

I assume turning off the FX loop helps?

I don;t know what you are going to do about it, it still looks like just crosstalk.

How does it impact actual play of the amp?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The amp sounds fine. I've had plenty of troubles with the amp since I bought it 2 years ago. Broken wires from tube sockets. Reverb cut in and out. Hissing/noisy Effects loop & Reverb sections. The Power tube plates glow red and in my opinion, run too hot. Other than that, the amp sounds great. I actually love the sound of the amp. But between reliability and functionality it's getting on my last nerves.

I recently took it to a Fender authorized tech here in Miami and had him look at my issue with the bleed. Well, he didn't quite understand what I was talking about so I showed him. Long story short, he wanted to see if another amp of the same model had the same problem. Well, it does. It's built into the design. I called fender and told them about it and after the rep talked it over with their tech, he said it was due to a capacitor that they added to keep the noise down on the send/return section. He says it was a design choice they had to make.

I don't get it all. It's not how a 1200 dollar amp should function. I think if I could fix the fx loop issue, then I could deal with the other problems.

I'm not the only one on the 'net who has this issue either. Think of all the guys that run multi-fx units with tuner mutes and volume pedals. What if you're running a completely wet delay or reverb?

I can't see what so hard about a simle patchpoint between a preamp and power amp. Imagine if patchbays in studios were this bad! We'd have every discerning sound guy and studio owner crying out to patchbay manufacturers!

What do I do?

-Bats

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
            X