Thank you to the kind contributors here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you to the kind contributors here

Two years ago I bought a Marshall DSL-50 with a broken reverb (eBay seller got me). I checked the tank and found it was good and then started trying to figure out what the problem really was. I gave up after a couple of stabs at it 'cuz it was obvious to me that I had no idea what I was doing.

TWO YEARS PASS AND WE NOW FIND OURSELVES IN THE PRESENT (2010)

I've been bumpin' around on this forum for quite some time now and it occurred to me last week that I probably had learned enough here to open up that Marshall and take another stab at fixing that reverb.

Long story short, it's fixed! I took a lot longer than it should have, but it's fixed! And it's all because of the kind people on this forum who selflessly contribute their extensive knowledge and experience and who encourage people like me. Some of us just don't have a lot of money to pay for repairs and some of us simply enjoy the thrill that comes from taking a useless, broken thing and turning it into something beautiful.

Anyway... I just want to say thank you to the kind folks here for sharing their knowledge. What a tremendously good feeling it is to fix something that at one time seemed so impossible! You people have truly made a difference -- and not just in my skill level in fixing stuff. I don't want to sound too "gushy," but this experience has got me looking for ways that I can be a better person -- ways that I can share with others the things that I know. I wish I had something more to contribute on this forum, but, alas, in this venue I'm afraid I will be one who receives.

Without lessening the contribution of others who have been so kind, I feel I need to specifically mention Enzo, who for me has been "the man." You always seem to have the answer that I need and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Enough of this emotional excess! The wine is starting to kick in and my Marshall -- with reverb -- needs to be played!!

Mark

Replace your amp in your post with a Peavey Backstage Plus and that is MY EXACT SAME STORY! I am so not kidding. Enzo has been a tremendous help around here... especially with Peavey products.

I know, I know... a Peavey Backstage Plus is nothing special to most sane people, but the amp has serious sentimental value to me and I've always wanted to get it back to working condition.

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Krwkka View Post
    Two years ago I bought a Marshall DSL-50 with a broken reverb (eBay seller got me). I checked the tank and found it was good and then started trying to figure out what the problem really was. I gave up after a couple of stabs at it 'cuz it was obvious to me that I had no idea what I was doing.

TWO YEARS PASS AND WE NOW FIND OURSELVES IN THE PRESENT (2010)

I've been bumpin' around on this forum for quite some time now and it occurred to me last week that I probably had learned enough here to open up that Marshall and take another stab at fixing that reverb.

Long story short, it's fixed! I took a lot longer than it should have, but it's fixed! And it's all because of the kind people on this forum who selflessly contribute their extensive knowledge and experience and who encourage people like me. Some of us just don't have a lot of money to pay for repairs and some of us simply enjoy the thrill that comes from taking a useless, broken thing and turning it into something beautiful.

Anyway... I just want to say thank you to the kind folks here for sharing their knowledge. What a tremendously good feeling it is to fix something that at one time seemed so impossible! You people have truly made a difference -- and not just in my skill level in fixing stuff. I don't want to sound too "gushy," but this experience has got me looking for ways that I can be a better person -- ways that I can share with others the things that I know. I wish I had something more to contribute on this forum, but, alas, in this venue I'm afraid I will be one who receives.

Without lessening the contribution of others who have been so kind, I feel I need to specifically mention Enzo, who for me has been "the man." You always seem to have the answer that I need and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Enough of this emotional excess! The wine is starting to kick in and my Marshall -- with reverb -- needs to be played!!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ReginaldBisquet View Post
      I know, I know... a Peavey Backstage Plus is nothing special to most sane people
      Thanks everyone!
      Yeah, Reg. I'm sure many of us understand where you're coming from. I'm convinced that people like us are not "sane people." Or at the very least we're not completely, boringly "normal."

That's a good thing (I think!).

Comment

Working...
      X