No announcement yet.

Twin Reverb - help with troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound is periodic "fft... fft... fft..." etc. It's a hum like sound. It starts fft-ing when intensity is around 3 and it follows the speed of the tremolo.

I just read about the official Fender solution a.k.a. Service Bulletin number 9. I think I'm going to try it, as soon as I find the time to tinker with the amp. I'll keep you folks updated on the result.
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

I just tested the amp after sbt 9.

The 'fft fft' is very damped now, still it's there. It's stated that some rewiring can make it even smoother. The tremolo and reverb wires should be separated from the lead etc. I'll update you as soon it's done...

Comment

Originally posted by bluesfreak View Post
        The Tremolo is a bias tremolo
        No. The AB763 Twin Reverb has an optocoupler trem like most blackface amps (excxept maybe Vibro Champ and Princeton).

Comment

The rewiring vent well, so well I'm going to tinker with the wiring of the power tubes. The goal is to separate lead and signal wires as I did with the board control section. Ehh, not only because it's fun. There is still a hum if the volume pot is pushed all the way up to 8 or more. (Goes for both channels.)

Comment

Ok folks, I', satisfied. 85 Watts straight up the... limbic system!

I guess there's more that can be done to this amp. But right now the hum from the amp isn't even close to the hum coming from the guitar, single coil.

Comment

Congrats!
              I did a rewiring on a super reverb clone not so long ago
              with amazing results too..
              Hearing Is Believing

Comment

Thank you! I don't know if I stated that this amp is my own. So, every hiss, squeak did hit close to heart. I think I'm going to upload some clips, when I get around to it.

Comment

Working...
                X