No announcement yet.

peavey tnt 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To measure volts ac ripple you place your meter in volts ac mode.
    Measure the +16 to ground. Then measure the -16 to ground.
    Ideally you want zero volts ac ripple for the ic's.
    I do not understand exactly what you where measuring by going from + to -.
    You have to find what is pulling down the -16V rail.
    Pull the ic's out of the sockets one at a time (mark down where they go & which direction the dot is) The dot indicates pin #1.

Comment

I do not think my multimeter is working properly in AC mode as it only shows AC across the 16v to Ground pins when connected in one direction, or does that mean that I have only one half of the ripple so to speak (with a problem on one side of the rectifier bridge.

Comment

Recapped the low voltage PSU and put in new rectifiers and hey presto - good as new!
        Some noisy pots but I can live with that

Thanks for your help

Comment

Tagging onto an old thread. Found My hum issue to be a -16V supply that was sagging out. While unsoldering the Rectfier Diode ends to check them, one end of C30 floated loose. Not unsoldered, lead had just broken at the board side. Keep your eyes open.

Comment

Hello fellow axe swingers.
            I apologize for tagging on to this older thread but I was trying to download the TNT-130 schematic "pdf" files but they are not available anymore, I guess.

Does anyone have fresh copies of the TNT-130 schematics?
            I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, my TNT is 29 years old and STILL going strong. I just periodically open it up to clean the pots and the only maintenance I have done to it was re-flow a cold solder joint on a cap. I guess it was like that since I first bought it but only decided to finally go bad a few years ago.

Your help would be greatly appreciate it...It would really help if in case I ever had a serious problem with it.

Thanks!

Comment

TNT 130 reposted file.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!
                Very much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X