VOX VT 50 crackling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOX VT 50 crackling

I have a vox vt 50 which has an awful crackle, even when its stood doing nothing, even with the logic board unplugged, the jack input board unplugged an d nothing plugged in. It sounds like someone playing around with a really crackly dirty pot. moving th e circuit board around and poking it in various places makes no diffrence. if i leave the logic board plugged in and alter all th e volume pots it makes no difference either. The only way i can make it a louder or softer crackle is with the 'power output' control on the back. Ive been all over the board with a magnifyer looking for dry joints etc. It just sounds like a crack or bad joint but flexing the board makes no odds. Running out of ideas now, anyone got any??? (when i say logic board i mean the board with all thepots an d buttons on)

Cured! It was a dry joint somewhere. ended up using an old Hitachi tv method and dividing the board up into one inch squares with a pen and resoldering each square at a time. Onlt took about half an hour and all crackles gone. Im told its a common problem on these?

Comment

Working...
    X