No announcement yet.

IIEEEE! Is this thing glued together??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIEEEE! Is this thing glued together??

Click image for larger version

Name:	fenderbassman60.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	862384

Older Fender Basman 60. four screws on top. It won't budge. It looks like there is some kind of material glued to the top and the bottm of the chassis that might be sticking to the cabinet. anyone got any ideas?

I got it. three screws behind the mounting board baffel. Three screws in wooden stops for the back panel. Speaker is connected via wire twist nuts. Comes out the back.

Comment

Well, first mission acomplished, now you know that amp chassis do come out via the back.
      Usually all 7ender amps do have 4 chassis screws and 3 wooden screws holding the chassis in the cabinet. What's the intention of disassembling it?
      I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

Loud 60 HZ hum. Like, 28vrms loud. Hum goes down to tolerable background noise when the master is turned all the way down. Power supply is hosed on the chips. The voltage fluctuates between >+2 to about 5+ volts and >-2 to -5 volts. Replaced the preamp chip and cut the plus voltage supply pin on the chips on the power board with no effect. The regulation zeners read good on a diode check. It's like the power supply is loaded down. The high voltage supply reads +/- 24 volts. I have no schematic and can't find one.
        It's one of those deals where after 4 plus hours I have to get on with doing something else.
        If you or anybody else has a scat that may get me somewhere.
        Thanks for your response!

Comment

Wow, I didn't expect that much sand in a Bassman. However, more likely there is an issue in the PS filter section (C55-C58), you can find schematic here: http://schematicheaven.com/fenderamp..._bassman60.pdf and check/compare voltages at the TPs...
          I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

Thanks again, Bluesfreak, but it's the "other" Bassman 60; the one made in Tiawan. I posted the picture to address that. the scat that's commonly available, the one you sent is for this Bassman 60. Two different animals. Again, thanks anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fender_bassman60a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	817008

Comment

Bassman 60, same as old Sidekick Bassman.

How does this match up?
              Attached Files
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo! I believe that is it. I'll get back when it's done....

Comment

Working...
                X