Peavey kb/a 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey kb/a 100

There is a poping sound when the power switch is made OFF. Also the amp works perfect except for random intermitent pops every now and then when the amp is ON. Can anyone please let me know the reason for the above.
    Thanks.

It is extremely common for solid state amps to pop at power off. It won;t hurt anything. As far as the speakers are concerned the pop could just as easily be a kick drum hit.

Do not plug anything into the amp, just power it on and let it sit. Still get pops? Turn ALL the controls to zero. Still pops? ANy chance the pops are in the power lines of the house? That is, could the pops happen whenever the home heat comes on the a water pump cycles?

One time a while back, the traffic light at the end of our block got a noisy triac controlling one of the bulbs. Whenever the light went to amber on one direction, there was a buzzing on the mains power lines until that light turned to red. it was just a stroke of luck I noticed that connection.

And ball up your fist and whack the top of the amp hard. Does it react or make sounds? It should remain silent. If it makes noises when you hit it, there is a loose connection inside.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

One time a while back, the traffic light at the end of our block got a noisy triac controlling one of the bulbs. Whenever the light went to amber on one direction, there was a buzzing on the mains power lines until that light turned to red. it was just a stroke of luck I noticed that connection.
      I live in the old Buenos Aires river port, less than 100 meters from the waterline.
      It's now unused for commercial purposes, has become a tourist attraction, but it's still there.
      5 years ago, I had this random *terrible* interference, sounded like: [15 sec. silence] (bzzzZZZT tick tick tick BZZZzzzt) [15 sec. silence] , on and on, for 10 minutes, dissapearing for hours.
      It could be heard even on the telephone, (regular one, not wireless), TV, where it also scrambled the image, everywhere.
      On day a neighbour visited me, he has his own sand/crushed stone cargo ship anchored 2 blocks from here and on hearing that noise asked me ¿are you testing a Marine Radar set?
      I run to the corner and there it was, a beautiful Spanish fishing ship, undergoing repairs.
      It seems radars have a regular high power setting and a very low power one, to be used within ports.
      Guess which power setting they were using .
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X