• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JTM / JCM600 PSU Caps

Hi Folks

Does anyone know where i can buy these 47uf / 550V caps from the internet
    i can't find a suitable replacement for this one

These are radial , vertical mountint without the clamps.

Please someone can link me up to buy those

Thanks in advance!
    Hearing Is Believing

Hi,

do you need this type 47µF 500V radial?
    But anyway, you can substitute with 50µF as well...

cu
    bluesfreak
    I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

yea i think i can install a 50uf cap without increasing the B+ voltage too much

But the format this caps are builts are small, much like the filter caps u can find in ampeg/crate amps (made by SLM). So they are custom made for that chassis height.

Thanks for ur reply!
      Hearing Is Believing

Comment

Scratchin my head now as I can not think of which caps are you referring?
        I still assume that you talk about the 47+47µF LCR Power Supply Caps= I currently can not imagine of any different caps in Marshall Power Supplies...
        I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

this cap is used on the JCM/JTM marshall series

JTM60 has it JCM600 (almost the same amp) has this caps
          those are not multi-section caps like LCR that u may see on JCM800 tube amps.

It's like a normal electrolitic , radial, that u can buy in any value and voltage ( like any filter cap u may find on solid state equipment)

The thing is i can't find this cap with 47uf of capacitance and with a voltage of 550V. If i eventually buy a larger cap that fits the requirements (like the link u sent) i might have problems to close the chassis since it's a very narrow and close space where these caps are installed.
          Last edited by Lee_ranaldo; 04-03-2010, 09:50 AM.
          Hearing Is Believing

Comment

550 is a rare voltage. Off the shelf electrolytics only go up to 450, except for some boutique brands like Sprague Atom and F&T.

The highest voltage electrolytic I know of is the 20uF, 600V Sprague Atom, but it's probably the wrong shape for the job.

Might be better to bodge two 350V ones in series with balancing resistors. You could also take a 450V capacitor and try to slowly reform it up to 550V, but this would be considered a bit ghetto.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Or order in the part itself from a MArshal distributor.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X