Peavey Deca 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Deca 700

does anyone have the sub for a transistor marked deca 700 ? It is in a Deca 700 amp, that is kind of weird.

Peavey Parts

First thing monday, call Peavey.
    Guarenteed helpful people.

Comment

deca 700

that amp is so screwed up I think I will save it for parts. Peavey is great. Back in 92 I asked for a dealer setup of schematics and afew days later I got a big box for everything they had build up til then. 2nd day air was $50.
      I had brought so much stuff over the years that I had sent in warrenty cards for they had me in the system as a repair center I guess.

Comment

Where is it in the circuit? ANy other numbers on it?

When you call PV, ask for a copy of the DECA700 SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL in addition to the DECA700 schematic. This is NOT a conventional amp, you cannot ramp it up on a variac. There are service procedures to follow. if you do not do it properly, you can blow it up worse.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

deca 700

That is what happened to it. Someone got in there and the bridge rec was blown up. That was not a good place to put a screw driver. It has 4 of the transistors in there All they have on them ids deca 700. Peavey send me the repair manual a few years ago. it is in my Peavey files. This is just another amp I pulled out of a box.
          I have a 6 ch all tube Hardon Kardon tube broadcast mixing board I opened today. It has been packed in a box sense about 1987. It has a 2 6L6 power amp and 6 12ax7 preamps. I will be very careful with that thing , my heart has been shocked enough.

Comment

But WHERE in the circuit are these four transistors? And what type are they, TO3?

If you have the service manual and schematic, identify whihc ones they are and see what the schematic calls them.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Deca 700

I was reading my notes that were taped to the amp. I was wrong. I opened the amp up and pulled one of the power module. Here is a picture of the complete module and the transistors They are Deca7042-8503. I also have a note inside that has IRF240 refering to the transistors. That my be the sub. In any case I will not be able to use them for any of my projects. This amp has been shorted out real bad so I don't think would be worth fixing. A lot of good parts in it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yikes... That's a Class-D amp, and one from the bad old days at that. Could be tricky to fix.

IRF240 seems like a reasonable substitute for whatever those MOSFETs are. If you can still get them, does anyone make a MOSFET in a TO-3 any more?

http://www.irf.com/product-info/data...ata/irf240.pdf
                "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

bad old days

You are right, this amp was trashed. That is how I get them most of the time. Sometimes I get them working, sometimes they just let more smoke out. I get them free so I just mess with them . I won't buy alot of parts to fix them, mostly use them for parts. This amp has a big transformer in it. Anyway on to the next one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

7042 is the Peavey part number for them. If anyone has them, it would be Peavey.

They are not listed in the cross reference, not a good sign.

This would not be a repair for a novice to attempt.

Comment

Working...
                    X