Original Speaker Ohmage That Came With Crate CR-IIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Speaker Ohmage That Came With Crate CR-IIR

Driving thru my area on a side street, I saw a Crate CR-IIR amp sitting at the curb. Always ready to take in a stray (can't beat the price), I took it home. After spraying the scratchy pots, cleaning up nice the oak cabinet, it came to life. Sounds great, even for a solid state amp. It has Celestion G12M 16 ohm speaker, which looks like it may or may not, be a replacement. Can't find much info on this amp on the web...Just wondering if anyone here knows if 16 ohms is the original speaker spec on this amp?

It is a replacement. They didn;t generally stuff Celestians in entry level Crate amps.

The amp is rated to 4 ohms, but if your 16 ohm speaker sounds good, then why not stick with it?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info Enzo...While I'm thinking about it..Anyone have a pdf of the schematic for this Crate CR-IIr (60 watt w/reverb)? I checked the Crate site but nothing for this 60 watt model. They made a boatload of these in the later '70's to early 80's apparently, hoping one of the guys here have one.

Comment

Working...
      X