DOD Bass Grunge FX92 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Bass Grunge FX92 issue

the pedal works but effect is weak, there is NO bypass signal when effect is off. Powers on, switching works. I believe a transistor or opamp is at fault here as connections seem good and the pedal works but halfassedly. All diodes check good. I've found a couple switching jfets in here - J111 and J113 that test bad w/ my meter's diode check function. I'm not sure if these should test the same as your typical general purpose transistor. I pulled the J111 out and it still tests bad. I'm bout to order some but thought I'd see if these switching jfets have different characteristics. It seems as g-d is .021 vdrop and g-d is open.

Ok so I guess those switching jfets have different v-drops than your typical jfet, so those aren't the issue. I've checked all diodes and transistors in this thing and replaced 1 opamp w/ no luck. There is a MC14007UBCP chip in here. Not sure what it's purpose is. Here's a link to it. http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Colla...C14007UB-D.PDF

Anyone have a schem for this pedal? DOD has not respond to my request from over a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
      There is a MC14007UBCP chip in here. Not sure what it's purpose is.
      DOD pedals use the 4007 for bypass switching logic.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
        DOD pedals use the 4007 for bypass switching logic.
        The schematic is very simple:
        Attached Files

Comment

doctor,
          thanks! with the schem I was able to narrow it down to a bad input JFET.

Comment

Working...
          X