Marshall 8080 overseas voltage adaptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 8080 overseas voltage adaptation

Hi everyone, I have a Marshall Valvestate 8080 bought in England that I have now in the US. I've been using a voltage converter with it but it made the amp really noisy (hum and such) before it blew up.
    Now I'm trying to find out if it's possible to rewire the power transformer to make it work here properly without any external stuff.

I found a pic of the same amp that shows the transformer of a canadian unit and the wiring is different from mine.

On the board I can read where I should solder the different cables according to their color, but on the back of the board they seem to be connected to other colors, I don't think this is clear enough, maybe with the pics...

My question is, will it work if I just wire it as the canadian one and change the fuse to match the voltage?

What bothers me is seeing that in the back of the board the purple and yellow are connected in between them, and the same thing with the orange and red.

Thanks so much!!!!
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	pt120_240.gif
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	817262

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you!

So it'll work, nice, awesome!!!!
      Thanks so much, I'm going to try it right away.

Comment

Let's see, I've done it and it works perfect, Thanks booj!!!

But now I have some kind of white noise all the time, with any setting of gain or in the clean or distortion channel.

The power amp works fine, I tested it through the effects return and it's perfectly clean and nice.

What should I look for first?

Comment

Originally posted by hectorgamiz View Post
          Let's see, I've done it and it works perfect, Thanks booj!!!

But now I have some kind of white noise all the time, with any setting of gain or in the clean or distortion channel.

What should I look for first?
          Check for some IC that went bad with the power failure.
          or some Zener/voltage regulator in the PSU that is not working properly

in my experience when i had that kind of white noise i replaced the IC's and worked like a charm.

Also check if there is any blown cap.
          Hearing Is Believing

Comment

Working...
          X