Insulation under tag board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation under tag board

I need to find something to put under a Fender black tag board to insulate it from the chassis. Suggestions?

Why not another Fender black tagboard without holes at the same dimensions with the one you have?

Comment

I was hoping to find something at a local hardware store. I don't want to use a Fender tag board because they can warp and become conductive.

Comment

You can try a piece of wood, plastic, glass epoxy, cardboard, rubber... there are so many choices!

Comment

For something the size of a Fender board, I'd just use a second blank board. If you are worried about what the board might do, won't the board with the parts on it be doing it too?

For smaller spots, I save those fake credit cards or fake membership cards I get in the mail. They make handy material to glue down somewhere to prevent unwanted touching.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
            I need to find something to put under a Fender black tag board to insulate it from the chassis. Suggestions?
            Stop by any cabinet-counter top shop in town and ask them if you can have some scrap Wilson Art or Formica, plastic laminate material that does not have a metal finish... it works fine for the insulation board.
            It is about <1/16" thick and drills easily with a flat piece of wood behind it.
            Explain what you are doing so they don't think you are using their scrap cut offs to do any cabinet work... they will have boat loads of it for next to nothing if not nothing.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
              Stop by any cabinet-counter top shop in town and ask them if you can have some scrap Wilson Art or Formica, plastic laminate material that does not have a metal finish... it works fine for the insulation board.
              I have an old homemade amp that used Formica for the circuit board and the faceplate.

Comment

Maybe time to upgrade to polished granite.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X