Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 30 No Reverb at all!!

Hi,

I have a Peavey Classic 30 that sounds wonderful!.. But no reverb to speak of. Checked continuity for the jumpers, switched the opamp. It's a nightmare to disassemble, so I'd like some input on what others might think at this point. When I reassembled it after switching the 4558D chip, and heard no reverb still, I tapped the reverb tank and could hear it pushing sound, just not by the guitar... confused...

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Might be the input side of the reverb tank has failed open. The tiny wires that connect the transducer inside are very small, and can break.

Comment

Yes it's nearly always the input coil that fails. Check if it's open circuit. Should be fairly low-ohms resistance there. Take a look at the little wires inside the tank that go to the coil, often black and green - they can break; that's an easy fix. If they're ok pop off the connector and test the coil direct. If it's still open you need a new tank from Allparts or someone.

Comment

Thanks you guys, I'm back at it tonight and will be sure to respond with any updates!

Comment

Working...
        X