Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg svt 3 pro

*problems with volume*
    yeah i recently jsut bort the amp frm ebay, and i finnarly tried it out at band practise last sunday, the tone was amazing well compared with my Ashdown AMB EVO II but the thing which didnt out do the ashdown was volume, i was massiverly P****D off as you cab imagine, can anyone advise me wht i can do to increase the volume
    the gear i use is....
    Spector 5 string legend, with EMGhz pick ups and EMG BTS pre amp
    Ashdown 4'1O 8 ohm Cab
    Beringher 1'15 8 ohm Cab

You need new speakers see if you can set the 4'10s to 4ohms or get a new cab 4ohms
    just use 1 cab @ 4ohms

Comment

The two 8 ohm cabs used together makes a 4 ohm load to the amp.

I guess we don't know what the issue is here. Are you saying the Ashdown is louder? Are you saying the AMpeg just doesn;t get loud at all? Are we comparing settings on the volume controls?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yeah id say the ashdown is a lot more louder!!
        with the 2 cabs running at 8 ohms they amount to 4 ohms and it was no where near the power of 450 watts, as wht stated on the back!
        i had it serviced with a local Amp tech and he found out that the person before hand replaced the tubes and then put them in to the wrong places, and this blew the most of the components!
        i bought new tubes for it because i fought that could have been the problem.
        so he replaced all the tubes and sorted all of the damaged components and re ran it through the scope and now its firing at just under 300 watts at 4ohms, just under 500 watts 4 ohms
        so now it does what it says on the tin so to speak
        but now unfortunately with all these problems im thinking of now selling it now, cos its not what im looking for at all, cos with this head i will have to constantly haul 2 cabs around with me every gig to get the full 450 watts and i have no money to get a decent 4 ohm Cab

so i mite b back on the whole trip again looking for new head!!!

why can't shops near me store pro gear and not the cheap crap eh!

any forts on Gallien kruegar heads?
        I've seen the 1001 RB II demo on youtube and its sound like a completely different monster, i could b tempted!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          The two 8 ohm cabs used together makes a 4 ohm load to the amp.

I guess we don't know what the issue is here. Are you saying the Ashdown is louder? Are you saying the AMpeg just doesn;t get loud at all? Are we comparing settings on the volume controls?
          Have u tried one 4'10 4 ohm cab? U should stick with Ampeg cab.
          I dont play to much anymore but my kid used a svt pro 3 with a Ampeg 4'10s @ some of the biggest gigs here in NJ & it was loud and sounded great. I came to this Forum as I have been out of the loop on gtr gear and the SVT pro 3 I got off Ebay died after a year.

Comment

yeah its a dammm shame that the ampeg doesn't quit kick it for me!!
            for years i wanted one, but its gonna cost alot more to get a 4 ohm cab, so its looking like i mite have to sell, which seriously sucks ass!!!

Comment

Working...
            X