SVT-CL Faulting but not failing - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT-CL Faulting but not failing - help

Hello folks. I'm new to the forum but have an issue I'm hoping you all can help me with. I bought my SVT-CL about 6 months ago used. The presious owner kept it in pristine condition and it worked great for me until about a week ago when the Standby/Power/Fault Indicator LED would not turn green. It now stays red all the time. The manual indicates...

"If it does not turn green in the On mode, there is no high voltage present and the unit needs servicing."

The bias indicators seem to function properly (which seems to tell me the tubes are all ok). The amp still produces sound as big and accurate as it did before. I don't seem to have lost any punch or tone (to my ear anyway). The amp is functioning 100% as it did before...in fact, I almost didn't notice anything was different at all. I brought the amp to a different location that has stiffened power and the condition persists.

Can anyone shed any light on what they think that service might be? I would have thought that if there was no high voltage present I'd have no power.

I've got a gig on Friday and Saturday and I don't own a back-up (I know, shame on me). Given that a repair shop would likely have it for a while I'm hoping to at least get through these two gigs with this. Do you all think I can get through? Or would I really be risking the entire amp long term?

Thanks in advance
Working...
X