2210 Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2210 Marshall

I have an oddball 2210 marshall , its definately a 2210 but , of course , the scem online doesnt match up with my amp. The one in the Marshall book doesnt either.

Mine doesnt have the IC chip . The last 2 digits on the date sticker cant be read----of course!

the problem it has is it wont switch channels . The LED does work , and the amp is stuck on boost channel.

shorting the fsw jack doesnt do anything .

also =
    the transistors on the board are one "123 " and 4 , "184" .
    sure enough, i cant find those on any cross reference , and idea on what to use if one of those is bad?
    Last edited by Valvehead; 05-19-2010, 01:41 AM.

Marshall JCM 800

Here is the schematic with the transistors in the switching circuit.
    BC184 is the transistor.
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks !!!
      Thats the right scem

so a NTE 123AP should be the one for the bc184

any guess as to which one out of the 4 ?

Comment

Probably the one that is shorted or open or doesn't belong in the first place.

And since the schematic calls ALL of them 184s that odd one is suspect.

If someone stuck an NTE thing in there, be aware that the NTE123AP is a "sub" for a US type and has the leads in order EBC across the front. The BC184 is CBE across the front, so unless they stuck the NTE123AP in backwards, it won't work.

NTE123AP sells for $1.25 at Mouser, real BC184s sell there for 9 cents.

Stay away from NTE.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok,
          yea,,, im betting thats a nte in there since it says 123 right on it....

still will be cheaper if i can get a nte locally for 1 or 2 bucks.I will look for the 184 though-the local place sells nte

gotta figure in the mouser $7 shipping + the 3-4 day wait ..

dont get me wrong , i love Mouser

Comment

Consider first class postal delivery on small orders. Cheaper than UPS, and it takes two days to anwhere.

No, I would not order A transistor from Mouser. I would put it on my shopping list and order a bunch of things. Then your $7 is spread around all the parts.

That NTE part may be cheaper to buy as you describe, but if you don't realize that it has the wrong pinout and you stick it in facing the way the others face, and it doesn't work...

Worse yet is sticking an NTE power transistor in a row of others. It may not share current well, and lead to amp failure.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i agree enzo - the local warehouse didnt have anything i needed today , which is strange because its a huge, massive building that sells electronic parts , resistors , caps , trans , etc...

i needed some other resistors also , so ordered from mouser

Comment

Working...
              X