Intermittent Reverb Fender HRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Reverb Fender HRD

I've got a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and the reverb will come on and go off by it's self. Or as pilots say, "uncommanded". I unplugged the foot switch, and I also turned the reverb pot down to zero and tried a couple of other guitar to amp input cords, and it still does it. Guitar is a Fender Power Tele. What gets me is it'll do it with the reverb control all the way off. Any ideas? BTW I am a Certified Electronic Technician so please don't worry about a technical answer
    Thanks,
    April
    Atlanta

Originally posted by aapriluv View Post
    I've got a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and the reverb will come on and go off by it's self. Or as pilots say, "uncommanded". I unplugged the foot switch, and I also turned the reverb pot down to zero and tried a couple of other guitar to amp input cords, and it still does it. Guitar is a Fender Power Tele. What gets me is it'll do it with the reverb control all the way off. Any ideas? BTW I am a Certified Electronic Technician so please don't worry about a technical answer
    Thanks,
    April
    Atlanta
    I'd start by looking for bad solder joints and loose/broken leads to or in the tank. This series of amps is famous for dodgy solder joints and has put more than a few steaks on the grill here.

Comment

Working...
    X