SVT-2 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT-2 Pro

Anyone here have experience with the Ampeg SVT-2 Pro? I've got one here that won't come off standby. All you get is a blinking red/green LED that's kinda like a 'check engine' light.

What it's saying is "Honey, I've got a headache tonight. See the five sisters." or words to that effect.

It seems to be a fairly common complaint, but dropping the better part of $200 on a set of tubes on the off chance that one might be slightly off-flavor is not something I'd recommend lightly.

Made in Viet Nam too, for heaven's sake. When did they stop shooting down Hueys and start building monster amps?

Tubes are OK on the Hickok, no signs of distress on the main board or tube socket board, and all I have found that I do not like is that the two yellow leads from the power transformer to the main board were very poorly terminated-one terminal on the wire fell off when I removed it and the other came off with a gentle tug. As a general good practice I reflowed the power tube socket pin solder joints on the board

I'm fixing to put it back together this morning and see if repairing the terminals did anything.

Also, I have read about modifying SVTs by bypassing the standby relay. Is this something you've done? How did it work? Pros? Cons?

Thanks.
Working...
X