Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugera 333XL Is my tubes bad or is the internals gone bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 333XL Is my tubes bad or is the internals gone bad?

I recently purchased a new tube amp, Bugera 333xl, Three channels: clean, crunch, lead.

I had no problems for about two gigs. The amp started cracking and popping, then the preamp lights when out, not in the tubes but the faceplate. I cut the amp off and let it cool down. Now the Clean Channel doesn't work unless cranked to the max and there's no volume!!

The crunch channel plays fine....for about five minutes, then alot of popping and the Preamp lights go out again. I Kept playing during the song with no sound, Then boom the amp is going again!! Same things happen again.

The Lead Channel Has the loudest Hiss I've ever experienced lol, Thus this channel is useless, The Loud hiss is louder than the playing, Noise gate works zero percent.

I've tapped the tubes with a drumstick, The power tubes make no real sounds, The preamp tubes make a loud noise s if i as tapping a microphone.
    They're all burning with exception to a 12ax7c tube beside the power tubes. If you have any advice please help me out!!

You recently purchased it new? Then it is under warranty. where are you? where did you buy it? COntact the seller or Bugera/Behringer for instruction on warranty repair.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I was treated great with customer service

I had a total of three of these. Bugera/Behringer treated me fine. The sent me a brand new one the next day or two after I called, I just sold it aftere a small break in. I really enjoyed its sound.

Comment

Yes i've had like four of them sent to me, They ll have crapped out. They're sending me a new one. But told me to keep this one for the troubles. I just don't know if it's an easy fix or not

Comment

Working...
        X