Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate B160XL problems...

Hey guys,
    Im new here and will definitely be spending a lot of time reading up on every other problem that I have.

I have had a really hard time finding answers to this problem though, a lot of searching has turned up next to nothing on this particular amp. So what I have here is a Crate B160XL bass amp that cuts out after playing for about 10-15 minutes. Initially the gain was set pretty high and was overdriving quite a bit. I figured this was causing the problem so I turned the gain down to about 9 oclock and continued playing through the amp. This solved the problem for a while, but now it cuts out just as it did before. I have checked a couple things on the board but I know next to nothing about solid state amps, so I dont really know what to look for. There are no burn marks on the board of any kind and I cant seem to see any bad parts. Has anyone else had a similar problem with solid state amps?

It has an effects loop. Plug in a cable from the send to the return jacks....1 cable. Run ok now? Have the loop jacks cleaned.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

You think this would cause a problem even though its not being used? Why?

Comment

Because when you are NOT using the loop jacks, they have extra contacts on them to carry the signal on past themselves. If those contacts get dirty or oxidized, then signal doesn't pass or is weakened.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok that makes a lot of sense. thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X