Its me again withe the old peavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its me again withe the old peavey

Ok changed out the 1k 5w screen node resistor also opened the reverb cage and found 2 wires unsoldered. fixed it, fired it up and now have guitar sound out of speakears. let it warm up and sounded ok but after a while started to breakup almost like it was grounding out or something hard to discribe. also the sound was noticably undulating. any ideas

update: I let it sit still turned on for a little while. the breakup was gone and playing normal again. I guess it may be getting to hot?

I had to start a new thread for some reason my browser wouldn't let me see anymore replies
    Last edited by fenderstrat; 07-17-2010, 12:41 AM.

Let me tell you about an old amp I have. I rediscovered it a few years ago, and was dead. I opened it up, and replaced a few caps, and a grid resistor. It would play for a while, and then hum would get louder than the signal. I was missing a tremelo tube and went to my amp tech friend, and he gave me a few pre, and power tubes. I replaced the trem tube, and it works, but replacing the power tube made no difference. I realized that I could play for about 8-10 minutes before the problem started. I forgot about it for a few weeks, and then came back, and fired it up. played for a while, and then replaced the tube. After realizing I had played for about 30 min. and the sound was normal, I noticed that I was using the other power tube my friend gave me, 1 was bad! Try another tube and see if anything changes, and if not try another!

Comment

Working...
    X