Peavey Bandit 112 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Bandit 112 problem

I have 2 Peavey bandit 112's and both have the same problem. They may work for 2 or 3 weeks just fine then i may turn the amp on and it comes on but no sound. However i can usually plug a cord into the giutar jack and ground it across some of the other jacks and it makes it start working. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Clean and retension the jacks, all of them, whenever the problem pops up. Doesn't sound like anything more than that. Jacks get dirty or the plating wears off and they tarnish. The effects loop in particular, whether you use it or not, seems especially prone to cause problems. And if they are dirty no signal gets to the power amp, no sound. Plugging any cable in and out will often temporarily fix the problem. Ordinary contact cleaner from Radio Shack is fine. Don't get it on any painted surfaces (like the amps front and rear plates or your guitar).

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

[QUOTE=Chuck H;171948]Clean and retension the jacks, all of them, whenever the problem pops up. Doesn't sound like anything more than that. Jacks get dirty or the plating wears off and they tarnish. The effects loop in particular, whether you use it or not, seems especially prone to cause problems. And if they are dirty no signal gets to the power amp, no sound. Plugging any cable in and out will often temporarily fix the problem. Ordinary contact cleaner from Radio Shack is fine. Don't get it on any painted surfaces (like the amps front and rear plates or your guitar).

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, i'll try that. Ive notice if i try to use a footswitch when the amp is working it cause the amp to lose sound. Once it starts working i can play it all day and it never loses sound. Its only when i turn it on. It either has sound or it dont.

Comment

Working...
      X