RC4558NB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC4558NB

Is this IC in the unobtainium category? Note that this is the 14 PIN version not the easy to find 8 PIN version. I'm using this to replace the RC4739DB in a Polytone amp. I guess I might have to figure out a way to use an "adapter" socket and mod a 8 PIN device or and SMT package?

Years ago PAIA used to make an adapter board for use with 8 pin chips. You could try them or make your own.

Comment

I've used a 14 pin dip IDC plug and an SOIC dual op-amp to make replacements for those 4739s.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

I have attached the sheet showing the way the small board fit up under a long-legged wire-wrap socket to move the negative supply and input pins up to the 'front' for the 5532, etc...this came from Scott at PAIA.com.

4739ak.pdf

Comment

Thanks for sharing that info. It looks like a simple solution to a common problem. In a Polytone there should be no problem fitting it in the preamp board.

Comment

Substitutes for 4739

5532 is an excellent substitute for the no longer made (or hard to get 4739.You could get them maybe 5 years ago so there might be someplace you can get them,though they cost about 35 US dollars).Some people on the net have made and published new circuit boards for Anderton projects that involved the 4739 with the 5532 instead.You can also find circuitboards layouts for a few Anderton Projects on the GGG site.

Comment

I actually have a decent stock of the uA739/4739. Besides Polytone, you also found them in Crown DC300A's. PM me if you want to purchase one. And no, they are NOT $35.00! :O
              John R. Frondelli
              dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Working...
              X