Peavey Heritage VTX....problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Heritage VTX....problem

when i first got this amp, it was humming loudly, and 2 of 4 power tubes were glowing blue. all voltages on the power tube sockets were present as per the schematic....i found Q6 and Q7 to be bad. replaced them...no hum, but i have low distorted output.

preamp out into another amp produces a nice clean signal with all front panel controls apparantly working properly. line out, however, has the low distorted signal into another amp. plugging a guitar into power amp in results in low distorted output.

the difference in signals at the preamp out and line out jacks has me drooling to find a bad component somewhere between them...R142, R166, C66, CR47 and CR48....but they all check out ok. the correct +/-15V are present at CR47/48, and at U9.

the distortion is reminiscent of the sound that decays when you shut off an amp while strumming the guitar. thanks for any help you can send my way!

http://schematicheaven.com/newamps/p...ritage_vtx.pdf

Try reading the voltages on the input and output pins of U9, or just swap it out and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
    X