Fender Super60 + HARLEY BENTON G412A VINTAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super60 + HARLEY BENTON G412A VINTAGE

Hi all, i'm new here. I hope thats the right place to post.
    I wonder if there's anyone who could give me some help if possible.
    I've got A Fender Super 60 Compo amp which gives me a single jack-8ohm speaker output.

And i consider buying a HARLEY BENTON G412A VINTAGE cabinet which has 2 jack inputs.The specs for the cabinet are 240watts into 8ohms, 2x 120watts into 16ohms.

So there is no problem with impedance but i was just wondering.
    Whats the right way to connect them? I mean if plug the amp's output jack into one of the cabinet's inputs then i would have all 4 speakers working? Cause if i don't then there is no point buying a 4x12cab and i should buy a 2x12..

The tag on the back doesn't say anything about stereo jack configuration, so its just a straight 8 ohm 4-12. Its fine....
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      So that means i 'll use all 4 of 'em with just pluging a single jack right? Sorry for keep asking but i have no experience with gtr cabinets

Comment

Right. All the speakers are connected to both jacks, so it won't matter which one is used.
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

ty sir , i really appreciate!

Comment

So...I'm back with more questions, hehe!
            Now I need to disconnect the internal speaker which is 8ohms rated while keeping my 8ohm 4x12 cab running from the 8ohm speaker output. Would this damage my amps tubes or OT or cause any damage in general?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	super60.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	827407

Comment

As soon as you plug into the aux. spkr jack, the output transformer gets switched over to the 4 ohm tap.
              If you want to be on the 8 ohm tap using the aux. spkr jack you will have to do some internal rewiring. Otherwise you could disconnect the wires from the speaker and connect them to a 1/4 inch jack. Then plug your cab into that jack.
              If you do run off the 4 ohm tap (using aux.spkr jack as is, with internal speaker disconnected) you will lose a bit of power but I doubt you will damage the OT or anything.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

You can add a jack for the internal speaker following the schematic for the head version. If you look carefully, you can see a hole for the jack already drilled in the chassis. The back panel - i.e. the black panel over the actual metal chassis simply hides it. For the internal speaker you add a 1/4" plug, so you can either plug in the internal speaker, or a 8ohm cabinet, or use the 8ohm cab in the external (aux) and leave the internal speaker plugged in to the main jack. (For a 4ohm load)
                "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
                - Yogi Berra

Comment

Just plug the 8 ohm 4X12 cab into the 8 ohm Aux Speaker jack. It switches the output transformer to the 4 ohm winding which will match the impedance of the internal 8 ohm speaker and the cab. You don't need to disconnect the internal speaker. If you want to, it would be safer for the amp to rig up a cable to run from the disconnected speaker wires the the cab. Running an 8 ohm cab on a 4 ohm tap is not the preferred impedance mismatch, the opposite is.

~DC~

Comment

Oh I see now. If I use both the load is 4ohms.
                    I guess I 'll go with the "disconnect the wires from the speaker and connect them to a 1/4 inch jack" option cause I don't really wanna use the internal speaker.
                    And more the 8ohm cab is used by one more orange head via a tonebone headbone vt switcher, so can't really change the load for that head too.

Thing is I just realized that couple of days ago..I ve been running the 4x12 cab from ext.out with no internal speaker for about 2 months now..hope didn't damage something and probably didn't, as you say g-one. Good thing's that always was at low volumes 1,5-almost 2.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, this forum is so awesome, every time I 'm getting best tech answers! Really appreciate

Comment

Working...
                    X