replacement speaker for polytone mini bruteII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement speaker for polytone mini bruteII

the speaker in my polytone mini brute went out,a lot of cracklin and distortion. i temp put in a 8ohm woofer from an old pioneer speaker i had.it works ok but no middles or highs.can anyone recommend a speaker that will come close to the original sound? thank u..........

Try some Eminence Guitar Legend V12 speaker, I saw several Polytones with Eminence OEM speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zouto View Post
      Try some Eminence Guitar Legend V12 speaker, I saw several Polytones with Eminence OEM speakers.
      It's quite right. I saw Polytones with Eminence speakers as well.

Comment

You will also need to check the impedance of the original speaker, as a lot of Polytones came equipped with a 4 ohm speaker. If you use an 8 ohm you will lose power.

Comment

thank u very much,i think the original speaker was 4 ohm,so i will try and find an eminence the same,if not i guess i'll go with the 8ohm and lower power.thanks guys..........

Comment

I put a Celestion out of a Marshall Valvestate into one of these once, It sounded fine. The stock speaker cutout is a bit tight for most spiders, but the bolt holes are standard spacing.

Comment

Working...
            X