Resistor value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor value question

Quick question, I just recieved some resistors that I had ordered and 75% of them read almost dead on for their labelled values. The other 25% were wildly off spec. Readings are as follows:

2.2M actually read .6M

1M reads .44M

220K reads 165K

I called the supplier and they said it's not a big deal, shouldn't be a problem, etc.

They are for a Fender stand alone reverb copy. Would you just use them or get some new ones?
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

I would not use resitors that had drifted that far off. 220k reading 165k! No way. Get a new batch.

Comment

When you took these readings, were you holding on to the test leads with your bare fingers? It could be that you were putting your own skin resistance in parallel with the high value resistors, causing the low readings.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
        When you took these readings, were you holding on to the test leads with your bare fingers? It could be that you were putting your own skin resistance in parallel with the high value resistors, causing the low readings.
        I'm as green as the front yard. Thanks!

They are all almost dead on.

I'mma go do something else now... lol
        ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Bill gets the clear thinking award for the day. Have an extra cookie at lunch Bill. It is so easy to think of one's self and the meter as uninvolved observers, but they are not. They are participants in the circuit.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X