Epiphone Galaxie makes buzzing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Galaxie makes buzzing noise

I have an Epiphone Galaxie 10 that makes a buzzing noise that seems to be related to the volume pot.

Let me explain, with nothing plugged in and all knobs at 12 o'clock it makes a buzzing noise. If I turn the volume knob all the way down the buzzing goes away. Turning it back up, once I get past 2 it starts buzzing again and the buzz is constant (not gaining in volume) till its turned up past 8 then it starts to go away and is almost gone at 10. With the amp buzzing I can turn all the other knobs and nothing else affects the tone or volume of the buzz.

I have tried a couple different preamp tubes and that made no difference. I tried to clean the pot out with some deoxit, that made no difference. The components in the amp all look fine physically.

Here is a copy of the schematic: http://www.gibson.com/Files/schemati...nd%20vers).pdf

What might be wrong? What should I check first?

Im not an EE but I'm handy with a soldering iron and I have no problem poking around in a tube amp safely.

Anyone have any ideas.

Comment

NM. It was a bad pot. Ran to rat shack, got something close. Buzzing is gone.

Comment

Working...
      X