Fender Roc Pro 1000 Channel Switch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Roc Pro 1000 Channel Switch issue

Hi all first post here. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a Fender Roc Pro 1000 amp. I have a problem with the channel switching. It seems that the overdrive channel does not shut off. You can play the clean channel with the OD channel on...both channels are active in other words. LED's do switch from yellow to red. Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!! I mostly work on vintage type amps and this pcb amp with all the ss components I do not fully understand. Thanks again..!!!! -Billy

Hey Billy, good to see you here, bro!!!

FYI everyone, Billy and I played together in the same band for three years, and is the host of the eminent 300Guitar.com website.

When I get back to dBm on Monday, I will loook over the schematic and also check to see if there are any service bulletins issued by Fender. Don't worry, my friend, there are plenty of sharp techs on this board who will help you get that amp fixed. Offhand, I'd say that it is likely to be a shorted switching FET, but who knows?
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Thanks JR..!! I appreciate it..!! Hopefully it is a simple FET or diode or something... Thanks again..!!

Comment

Yep....sounds like either a series jfet is stuck on or a shunt jfet is stuck off. Should be an easy fix.
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Looks like that to me too.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X