Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 333 filament question

Hello,

Since schematics are a no go with Bugera's I was wondering if anyone had had a similar problem. I've got a 333 in which the preamp tubes are lighting up but the PI/PWR tubes are not. Are they wired to the 6.3 ac voltages, or are they wired to a dc supply? I've traced 0 voltage back to the main board, yet the preamps have about 7vac. The fuses have continuity. Anyone pull these apart before?

Regards,

Mike

The power tubes and PI are wired in parallel to 6VAC. It comes onto the power tube board via pins 2 and 3 of the 16 pin connector. Did you remove the 10A heater fuse to test it? YOu cannot check it with an ohm meter while still in its clip. The yellow wires carry 6VAC from the transformer I think. Make sure they have not burnt off the board, then check that cable over to the powr tube board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Enzo, basically what you stated. The heater connector/yellow wire was burnt and not properly conducting. In this instance I've decided to hardwire to the pin/fuse.

see similar pic: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t10249/

Comment

Working...
      X