Peavey Stereo Chorus 212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Stereo Chorus 212

I brought a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 off Guitar Centers used site. It does not have a footswitch. I am too cheap to pay $60 for one. If I can just rewire something I have.
    Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring. It is the 7 pin din. Here are the changes it makes

It is Peavey Owners Manual 80300895

EXTERNAL FOOTSWITCH FUNCTION
    Lead/Crunch
    Normal Bypass
    Reverb Defeat
    Chorus Defeat

Thanks
    Jess Rogers

Peavey footswitch

Put out the 60 bucks.
    You will save money in the long run.
    These footswitches are a PITA to wire up correctly.
    Figure the DIN connector, 4 stomp switches ( one must be double throw), the wire & an enclosure.
    The schematic that Peavey supplies is incorrect.
    Then you have to look at the amp schematic to ascertain what all the pins do.

Comment

You may be right. I just have most if not everything to build one, just need the schematic or picture of the insides.

Comment

Isn't the FS schematic on the amp schematic?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The Peavey "Footswitch Wiring Guide" shows the FS for the Stereo Chorus 212 with a 7 pin DIN and the 4 functions, but it does not show the value of the resistors in the resistor bank.

edited: The amp schematic does NOT seem to show the values of the resistors that are in the resistor bank in the FS, at least not with a quick glance at it. The pinouts shown on the schematic DO seem to match the pinouts on the FS Wiring guide, again that was just a quick glance at the two. The schematic was posted in this thread: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t17316/

I would order the $60 FS from Peavey if it has the correct LED's. The 4 pushbutton switches alone will set you back almost $50 if you use Carlings.
          Last edited by nashvillebill; 10-11-2010, 02:09 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

The part # is 00078470. I will have the amp in Weds so if it is in good shape I may just order a new one. If it isn't a keeper it would be a waste of money. I have been lucky lately and got some good amps. Guitar Center is a pretty good place to get a fair deal for me.
            Bill do you really live in Nashville ? I live in Murfreesboro.

Comment

Up in Gallatin. I get down to M'boro occassionally but not too often.

Another factor in favor of the Peavey FS: it always helps in selling the amp, to have a factory FS rather than a home-made one (even if the home-made one functions perfectly). Just something about having the original FS. But I agree, if the amp isn't in good shape then why bother?

Comment

I always wondered why people sell a amp and keep the switch. It has happened to me more than a few times. a few times I called GC back and asked where the switch was. They sent me a new switch 3 diffent times on used Crates. I guess I have brought at least 20 amps from them
                Anyway as you said it depends on how good the amp is. A keeper gets a factory switch a resale or give away to kinfolks gets a home made one.
                I was in the class of 1971 at Gallatin High. Was in a band called Salt and Pepper. I was the drummer

Jess Rogers

Comment

people often sell without the switch because the switch has been lost, or was not with the amp when THEY bought it. As for someone who might keep the FS when selling the amp, how many many times has someone written in here asking, "Can I use my XXX footswitch with YYY amp?"
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by jessadr View Post
                    ...I was in the class of 1971 at Gallatin High. Was in a band called Salt and Pepper. I was the drummer

Jess Rogers
                    That story sounds familiar, maybe I might've met you or talked to/emailed you a couple years back...or maybe those hallucinations are starting again!

Comment

If only everyone could be happy with just one footswitch, one car jack, and one set of light bulbs to move house with, friends, wouldn't the world be a better place?

[cue music] Imagine there's no Ebay...

On-topic comment: the footswitch has a seven-pin DIN and a resistor bank and shit? I'd pay the $60 every time.

Comment

Working...
                      X