fender rhodes power transistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True.

For simplified quick tests, here you have free 100/250/440/1k/10k Hz in MP3 , you just play them with your smartphone or any MP3 player (including a notebook or tablet).

Download Audio Tone Files
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekeyboards View Post
      I am new to this group, and had a question I wanted to post in regards to this thread.
      Welcome to the place.

Originally posted by vintagekeyboards View Post
      To further clarify my level of knowledge, I have no idea what "biasing" or "re-biasing" means... and am aggressively seeking resources to educate myself with this.
      Biasing of the output transistors is sort of like adjusting the idle of a gasoline engine. You need the engine to be running high enough to not stall and not so high as to waste energy and power. For an amplifier you need to turn on the transistors enough so that they will amplify the signal cleanly at low levels and without wasting power or energy.

Germanium transistors turn on with a typical bias value of 0.3 vdc. Silicon transistors need 0.6 vdc. The original circuit was designed for the vintage Germanium types and you will need to change a few resistors to reset the bias for the modern Silicon types.

You will need some mechanical skills, basic soldering skills and a multimeter to do this. Having additional equipment is helpful, but not really necessary. Is your piano currently working?

Comment

Working...
      X