Hartke 3500 EQ Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartke 3500 EQ Board

I've got a Hartke 3500 here. Its been dropped on its front, breaking most of the EQ sliders. The EQ board part number is 4005109730 which matches the schematic I have (good start).

Anyone got any idea about a source for either the complete board or the sliders? I'm in England so local would be good....
    Last edited by Ted; 11-02-2010, 11:35 AM.

Try Sound Technology
    Enquiry link: Sound Technology | Enquiry Form

Comment

Start by contacting whoever distributes Hartke in the UK.

SLiders come in some standard lengths 100mm, 60mm, 30mm, etc. The thing we usually have to fight is getting the lead pattern to match the board. and of course the resistance value and taper. SO I scour the catalogs. Those have LEDs in the ends, don;t they? ANother complication.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Whooops.. just realized KORG U.K. has Hartke distribution now in the uk. Contact KORG.
        KORG About Us

Comment

You may all be surprised to learn that I'd already contacted Korg and I'd already scoured the catalogs....

Comment

Oops. I blush. Korg had mailed me with the details and it was caught in my spam.
            Looks like the amps beyond economical repair though...
            Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

I bought the original sliders FROM Hartke and they were very resonable. Pretty decent to deal with also. I had two broken on 3500 I was working on and they were really cheap, considering that they are built FOR Hartke(I believe) with the led in the end. Mike.

Comment

Not economical to repair for some sliders?

MOST sliders and other pots are custom made for amp OEMs. But if the basic format is the same, an off the shelf item may work.

Any of these LED shaft sliders be made to work?
                http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/642/683.pdf
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  ebay suggests it's worth maybe £150 in working condition, I charge £35 an hour. I've already spent an hour assessing whats wrong with it. All the rotary pots are broken (£5) It needs new electrolytics (£30 + 1 hour). 10 new sliders - £25 plus maybe an hour to fit them - more if they or the board have to be modified.

It's a rehearsal room amp - its been abused for years. It's full of greasy cigarette ash. Half the screws are missing from the case. They'd be better off accepting £30 from me for the amp and putting that with the £150 they've saved on repairs towards something newer. I'll put the amp on the shelf and when I'm not busy, I'll hack the equaliser board around to make some Alpha sliders fit, do whatever else needs doing and sell it for that £150.

If it had been part of someone's dearly loved and well cared for rig it would have been a different matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    ebay suggests it's worth maybe £150 in working condition, I charge £35 an hour. I've already spent an hour assessing whats wrong with it. All the rotary pots are broken (£5) It needs new electrolytics (£30 + 1 hour). 10 new sliders - £25 plus maybe an hour to fit them - more if they or the board have to be modified.

It's a rehearsal room amp - its been abused for years. It's full of greasy cigarette ash. Half the screws are missing from the case. They'd be better off accepting £30 from me for the amp and putting that with the £150 they've saved on repairs towards something newer. I'll put the amp on the shelf and when I'm not busy, I'll hack the equaliser board around to make some Alpha sliders fit, do whatever else needs doing and sell it for that £150.

If it had been part of someone's dearly loved and well cared for rig it would have been a different matter...

Comment

Well, in that case, punch the EQ bypass switch.

Comment

Hartke 3500

Buy one of those cheesy little behringer POS grahpics and use it in front. OR, as stated, bypass and go. I will say that I've been using a 3500 for a few years now that I bought used and I power my keyboards with it. Yeah, it's broken a acouple of times but it was like the above, beat to hell before I got it and left on SEVERAL time for weekends at a time and it still ticks. And that was before I got it! It's been pretty reliable in the power section.

Comment

Working...
                        X