Nuts for Jacks & Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts for Jacks & Pots

In case I'm not the last one to come across this, the standard nuts for 1/4" chassis mount jacks & full size chassis mount pots are the same nuts used in many lighting fixtures. If you're looking for them at your local hardware store, try looking in the lighting section instead of the hardware section. They call it 1/8 IP (iron pipe) - the outside dimension of 1/8 IP is 3/8".

Lowe's has these brass ones if you want some bling, too.
    Shop Portfolio 6 Assorted Nut Washers 1/8ip at Lowes.com

Here's a more standard version:
    https://www.hardwareworld.com/Lock-N...h-p9W7BJ0.aspx
    ST in Phoenix

Good catch. I can't say how or why it happens but for some reason I always have jacks and pots with no nut on them.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

It's because you scavenged the nuts for some unit that came in missing one.

The lighting nuts seem to be a little thicker in the "ring" part, if you will. The shiny brass ones from Lowe's and some zinc ones I got from Ace Hardware end up being 14mm nuts instead of the usual 1/2". Ace also has some brass ones that are brushed instead of shiny. The thickness of the side profile is pretty similar.
      ST in Phoenix

Comment

Working...
      X