MosValve mosfets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MosValve mosfets?

So what are you guys using for replacements for the 2SJ50 and 2SK134 mosfets in the Butler MosValve amps?

I found originals for around $30ea from the pirates out there

Here is a quote from another link on the Forum.
    "Steve Conner
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage View Articles Add as Contact

Supporting Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don't make the 2SJ50/2SK135 any more, but the BUZ901/BUZ906 and ECF10N16/ECF10P16 are suitable replacements. You can get the latter from Profusion in the UK.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t22663/

Comment

And $30 isn;t bad for those these days.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The "pirates" I was referring to are electronic parts dealers we sometimes need to buy stuff from at work looking for old chips or other odd parts used in older equipment no longer made.

I'll have to see how many of these Fets I can find from them.

Thanks again.

Comment

Yep, those Hitachi FETs are collector's items now with NOS vintage prices Try the replacements I suggested.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Turns out I have the flat version replacements (2SK1058, 2SJ162) from when I had to repair some TubeWorks amps with the same FETS.
            My old thread came up from the last time I was looking for these!
            Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
            X