SVT 4 pro Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT 4 pro Issue

So I was using it at a friends house rehearsing at a fairly low volume. The amp was being run in Mono Bridge mode to my 15" speaker using a speakon cable. I turn it off and unplug the entire rig to move it to another area in the room to make accommodations easier. When I plug it back in, the amp turns on, lights and all, but no sound come out of the speaker. After checking all inputs and outputs I find no external problem. I then plug the speakon running to the 15" into one of the biamped channels. Only one biamp channel works. This is still plenty of power, but there is obviously a defect in my amp. Can anyone lend me advice or has anyone had this issue before? Please let me know

There are two separate power amps in the svt-4 pro. Take it out of mono/bridge mode and you may find that one side works while the other does not. Many things can cause this, but whatever it is, the amp will not apply signal to the output of the bad channel until you get it fixed. You may, however, still be able to use the good side, but I would really only recommend that in a pinch. Also, it seems these amps break down more often when in bridge mode. But that's just my limited experience. And by the way, these things are kind of a hassle to take apart.

Comment

Originally posted by melvin View Post
      There are two separate power amps in the svt-4 pro. Take it out of mono/bridge mode and you may find that one side works while the other does not. Many things can cause this, but whatever it is, the amp will not apply signal to the output of the bad channel until you get it fixed. You may, however, still be able to use the good side, but I would really only recommend that in a pinch. Also, it seems these amps break down more often when in bridge mode. But that's just my limited experience. And by the way, these things are kind of a hassle to take apart.
      Why would it only be recommended in a pinch? could there be a short somewhere in the amp?

Comment

There almost certainly was a short somewhere in the amp. I only say 'in a pinch' because I wouldn't consider the amp to be reliable. I really don't know if it would be a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
        X