Vox AD15VT distortion and low output on manual setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AD15VT distortion and low output on manual setting

I have a Vox AD15VT amp in for repair and when in the preset mode the amp works fine. Even when changing the preset gain and volume to full the amp is good. When I activate the manual setting, the amp gets really distorted and loses output intermittenly in a wave like manner. I have a new LM1875T installed as the original one had a broken lead. Any ideas?
    Last edited by bnwitt; 12-12-2010, 05:04 PM.
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Problem Solved. All I had to do was return the amp to factory settings with the button sequence from the owners manual and the problem is gone.
    Warning! Some Electronics devices contain lethal voltages that can kill you. If you do not feel qualified to work with dangerous voltages, refer your repairs to a qualified technician. By giving you online advice, I am assuming no liability for any injury or damages you might incur through your own actions.

Comment

Good to know.
      Thanks for sharing that little tidbit.

Comment

My Pleasure. Sharing by others is how I've learned everything I know . I would never have guessed this was a programming issue. The owner's manual says the manual mode is used to overide the control knob settings in the stored presets with the actual position of the controls on the amp. Even when I changed the control knob settings on the amp while in the manual mode the low power/distortion didn't go away. Go figure. I really hate DSP and CPU chips in a guitar amp.

Comment

Working...
        X