Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50 Equalizing Issues

Hi all,

Well with your help and some exploratory surgery I have now fixed two of the three issues my amplifier has. Now for the bigger one--the equalizing circuit does not function, well.

The only way to describe it is this:

1. The bass does absolutely nothing--I mean nothing at all to affect the sound of the guitar.

2. The mids definitely make a differnce but only when going from "0" to ".5" beyond this the effect is all the same (it should be noted that the volume increases 'somewhat' drastically by going from "0" to ".5").

3. The treble has a definite effect (and what I believe is a normal effect) IFF the mids is set to "0". Once the mids is increased to ".5" or greater the treble has no audiable effect.

I've taken the circuit board out once to resolder a filter cap (although perhaps I should have recapped the thing) and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary I forgot to test the three pots that control these. I am going to take a closer look at the schematic, but I thought I might see if anyone else had/encountered such an issue.

Thanks
Working...
X