Randall RG100 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RG100 trouble

I have a Randal RG100 a buddy gave me. It has a 3 way switch with center off. When I switch it down it works. When I switch it to the up position it goes BWAAAAHHHH!. I opened it up and I do not see and caps that are obviously damaged or crinkled. No hot spots on the board. I was considering swapping out the opamps, especially since they are socketed. Any ideas? I am not really sure the diff between the up and down "on" positions. I am not finding a manual online but maybe my google-fu is weak this am. The search continues.

A guy walks into his doctor's office. Doctor asks "whats the trouble son"? Patient says "it hurts when I do this". Doctor replies "well don't do that then".

Seriously....it sounds like the regular green lighted pwr switch has been replaced with the wrong type and wired incorrectly. It should be a 2 pos on/off with neon backlight.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Sounds like that may be it.
      Or that cap to ground is crap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Oooohhhhh....ok. Thats an older one then. I thought you were talking about onna the common RG100SC combos. All that switch does is reverse polarity, so one position may be noisier than the other....thats what its there for. But if its extremely obnoxious, that cap to gnd from the switch may be leaky. Replace that just to see if it clears it up.
          The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Hmmm, this big disk capacitor marked 4700m? I can't open pdf files on this gimp computer I'm using right now.

Comment

Line Rated Capacitors

Line Rated Capacitors
              Attached Files

Comment

This what I need?

562R5GAD50 Vishay/Cera-Mite Ceramic Disc Capacitors

Comment

Working...
                X