need help Marshall Mode 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help Marshall Mode 4

i have a mode 4 that has no sound on the side 1(clean) but works great on the side 2(od1 and 2). what could cause this and how much is it to fix. im not very good at electronics so explain answers like im an idiot please

Kreskin doesn't hang out here, so there's no way of "creating" an estimate out of thin air. When you take something to a shop for repair, you're primarily paying for time and expertise. Parts, unless there's a really big catastrophic failure, are usually a small portion of the final bill.

So, we can't say what the bill would be. Thats all because it takes time to disassemble the unit, and determine/repair the problem. If it was the typical output section tantrum, it would be easier to ballpark because we all know the issue is the chip amps....and all 4 can be replaced within an hour of bench time.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

So what you are trying to say is.. Take it to an amp tech

Certified valve amps come with a warning on the back side, something like , no user serviceable part inside.. or only to be Serviced by qualified personal etc. there is a reason for this, they are dangerous.

You can try change the pre amp valve for that side 1, but other than that take it to the shop.

Comment

It sounds to me like you have a preamp problem, if one channel works and another does not. That probably means a bad integrated circuit chip. That would be a fairly basic repair for a competent tech.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have Mode Four and lately when I turn up or use a pedal board (boss GT-10) the sound cuts out. I have to shut it off wait a sec and turn it back on and it works again.. Why does that happen?!?

Comment

Working...
          X