Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super-Sonic 22 Noise

Hi guys!

First off greetings to everyone since this is my first post!

Recently I got myself the new Fender Super-Sonic 22. Great amp and I like the burn channel very much.

However the ground noise is driving me mad. With no guitar plugged in and also in the clean channel the amp is simply unusable in the studio. Using reverb it also gets somewhat worse. Unfortunatelly (actually luckily) the reverb sounds very fine. But with little reverb amount it's OK.

Also a tube exchange had no influence. At the moment I have a Tesla and RCA for V1 and V2, Brimar 12AT7s (all NOS) and also a GT 12AX7 in the preamp and the stock power tubes. The sound is fantastic if it is louder than the noise...

Anyone else having the same issues?

Big thanks for any comment!
    Ed

My first thought is that your amp is new and not performing well. That should be a warranty issue. have you contacted fender about warranty repair of this?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well actually this is the second SS-22 I have. The first one survived 2 hours of normal playing. Then it just died...

I assume the noise is not "bad enough" and since this amp is virtually sold out in Europe I would like to keep this one for now. I'm afraid the replacement would take a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X