Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Deluxe isssues..

Hello,
    I stumbled across this forum while troubleshooting my guitar amp. I'm a novice when it comes to electronics repair, and I have a gig tomorrow, so I'm fighting the clock and hoping you guys can help me out!

1993 Fender Blues Deluxe

Signs and Symptoms:
    -crackles and likes to rapidly swap from clean to dirty channels
    -cuts out completely, nothing makes it better or worse.
    - I set my beer on it last night at practice and it "growled" at me

So I did some research and found some useful info from this forum and have surmised that my 470ohm resistors and the R71 resistors are most likely bad. However, it seems like someone has already replaced the 470ohm resistors....I bought it used and don't know... Anyways, the 470ohm resistors are reading 490 and 493 ohms, respectively, and the R71 resistor is 100k 1/4 watt. Maybe it came from the factory this way.

The joints on the 470 resistors aren't noticeably cracked or loose, so I don't know how to determine if they're bad or not. That's where I'm hoping you guys can help! See pics

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

To me the lower one looks like it's come unsoldered. As you already have the board pulled, remove the existing solder and clean up the traces and the resistor leads and cleanly resolder the connections.

Also check the solder joints of the two associated Zener diodes while you are in there.

You didn't say if you tried to find something loose on the board before you pulled it out. Do a visual check on the main board. Pay particular attention to the solder connections at all of the jacks (input, power amp in, etc.), and also on the tube board at all of the sockets connections.

Comment

Working...
    X