No announcement yet.

Peavey 5150 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5150 is not a very user friendly amp to try to repair.
    Just my opinion.
    I would rather you started on a old Fender amp where everything is right there out in the open.

Comment

VERY GOOD, Thank you, How do I drain power supply? I am guessing, -- do I turn on while it is unplugged or do I have to short each capacitor? I am in no rush to learn electronics repair nor to fix this amp but I do have this amp and have a desire to learn about electronics. Have you any suggestions on reading material that could help with electronics in general or tube amps in particular. Right now I have got my eye on a Marshall JCM200 TSL 100 for $500. but before I buy I guess I should play it for at least an hour before paying

Comment

I agree. Woulda said so but an old Fender isn't the amp that's broken. Worst case the OP is overwhelmed or can't negotiate the problem. As long as he does no additional harm he can put it back together and take it to a shop.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X